Based on the principle of leaving no one behind, the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) aim to tackle poverty, climate change and inequality. These Goals represent the largest ever call for collective action by governments, institutions, businesses and citizens. To achieve the SDGs and so build a sustainable future for everyone, it is essential to develop the positive impacts of business and mitigate the negative.
Business in the Community’s Responsible Business Map helps companies to navigate and contribute to the SDGs by identifying the key issues and explaining the actions and outcomes needed for businesses to achieve long-term financial value, enabling both society and the planet to thrive.
A healthier, happier and engaged workforce that drives sustainable performance and productivity benefiting employers, employees, customers and makes communities more resilient (SDG 3, 11).
- Take a preventative whole-person, whole-system approach to health and wellbeing that gives employers and employees collective responsibility.
- Invest in community initiatives that promote physical and mental health.
- Consider how your operations can promote healthy spaces that are restorative and enriching for both physical and mental health.
Resources to take action
Find out more about how the Business in the Community wellbeing campaign works with business to:
- Make the case for wellbeing at work
- Embed wellbeing into an organisations culture taking a whole person approach
- Tackle the stigma of mental health.