- A quarter of employees are struggling to make ends meet, less than half are satisfied with their current financial situation
- Two-thirds say mental health and wellbeing affected by personal job security (66%)
- 90% of young people say their mental health is affected by the cost of living
- Natural resources are finite, but the opportunities for resource-efficient, commercial success are not
- Businesses must find new ways to create commercial, economic and social value by addressing critical environmental challenges
- Waste must be used as a valuable and wealth-creating resource
Chris Newsome, Director of Asset Management at Anglian Water share
Amanda Mackenzie, Chief Executive, Business in the Communi
Alongside our award winners, nine founding members of the Champions Network were announced at the Responsible Business Awards Gala Dinner on 3 July.
The announcement was made as part of the next stage of the Brave New World programme, which is focused on catalysing the responsible digital agenda in the UK. The founding members are: Accenture, Anglian Water, ARM, Aviva, Barclays, Fujitsu, PwC, Rolls-Royce, Unipart and Sky.
ACT Training, Wales’ largest training provider, and Brecon Carreg Mineral Water were announced as the Responsible Large and SME of the Year and six other winners were confirmed in categories covering education (Principality Building Society), talent development (Do Digital Realities), community engagement (IKEA Cardiff), wellbeing (Bluestone National Park Resort), volunteering (Trivallis) and the environment (Castell Howell Foods).
Business in the Community’s Scotland Director, Alan Thornburrow, will today moderate a high-level workshop attended by senior business leaders as part of the OECD’s 2018 Global Forum on Responsible Business Conduct.
Taking place in Paris on 20th and 21st June, the Global Forum brings together stakeholders from business, trade unions, civil society and academia to debate key global social and economic challenges related to responsible business conduct.
Plastic is an incredible material that makes modern life possible. However, recent months have s